GISMA Business School offers recognised-accredited degree programmes. GISMA in Berlin is a joint venture with Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM). Although located in Germany, courses are taught in English – the world’s foremost language when it comes to business. International MBA students can take the opportunity to attend German language classes as part of their course at no extra cost. Having the necessary language skills will enable them to pursue job opportunities in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. Our alumni, from more than 60 countries, have accelerated their careers in Germany and abroad with a sound foundation in management theory, diverse practical experience. At GISMA expert professors, from around the world, bring both their academic and practical experience to the class. In more recent times, the technology and engineering sectors have flourished, particularly in Berlin, the capital city, which makes it an exciting place for young graduates and professionals.
RANKING: The MBA and the MIB are accredited by AMBA. The GGSB MBA was ranked by the Financial Times' 2016 Global MBA Ranking, among the top 100 Global MBAs worldwide, among the top 30 in Europe.
The MIB was ranked 20th worldwide amongst Masters in Management and 8th in international career mobility.
Location & Facilities
Berlin is a multicultural and lively city, with a rich history and a range of job opportunities on offer, particularly in the technology sector. The affordable cost of living and vibrant culture make it a popular destination for students. It's the second largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates. In addition to its rich cultural and political history, it is now becoming famous for its wealth of flourishing tech companies and growing number of successful entrepreneurs. Almost a third of the city is made up of green space, with plenty of public parks and gardens available. The city has a complex and extremely efficient public transport network, with long-distance rail lines connecting Berlin with other major cities (and even other countries), and two international airports. GISMA's Berlin campus is located in Schöneberg, a lively district with good transport links and many beautiful green spaces. The neighbourhood surrounding the GISMA campus has shops, restaurants and cafés, so students will never be at a loose end.
The building is located close to Potsdamer Platz, the home of several big corporations including Sony, Deutsche Bahn, and Daimler, making Schöneberg an ideal place to study business.
One course takes place In Hannover. Hannover is located in central Germany; it is also a major crossing point for railway lines and highways (Autobahnen), connecting European main-lines from east to west (Berlin - Ruhr area) and north to south (Hamburg - Munich et al.). Reaching other notable cities is easy: Berlin: 1 hour 45 minutes by high-speed train, Hamburg: 1 hour 30 minutes by high-speed train, Cologne: 2 hours 40 minutes by high-speed train
GISMA's Hannover campus boasts modern facilities, and is located close to the River Leine. The campus can be accessed by tram, a five-minute walk away. With the campus located in the city centre, there is great access to shops, restaurants, nightlife, museums and other attractions. Attractions such the Historical Museum, and the New Town Hall are all reachable within five minutes. The Maschsee Lake is close by, as well as the Eilenriede Townforest - the largest of its kind in Germany - that transforms the city into a green oasis.
You can start your accommodation process at GISMA once you receive your visa and book your flight ticket. We will then allocate a place for you. After you send your application, you will receive an accommodation offer after a minimum of two weeks. Your offer will include: a description of the accommodation, local area, and costs (rent, deposits, accommodation fee, etc.). If you accept, you will receive booking confirmation - including payment details from your landlord.
Cost of Living *GISMA created this table as a reference based on our experience and students feedback. Living expenses are generally lower in Berlin than in other places in Germany. These are average estimates only: Expenses estimated amount per month: Total Cost of Living €850 - €1250
Rent: €420-€600, Food: €200-€300, Books: €20-€40, Public transportation: €45 - €75, Telephone, Internet: €40- €60; Health (health insurance, medication, consultations): €45- €55, OTHER: €80- €120
· Grenoble MBA: The Grenoble MBA programme is a prestigious business qualification delivered at GISMA by Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) – one of the most highly regarded business schools in the world. The Grenoble MBA ensures graduates can take the next major step along their career path with a degree from the triple-accredited Grenoble Ecole de Management. The programme offers a unique opportunity to study a top-ranking European degree completely in English in the heart of Berlin, surrounded by blue chip companies, major institutions and unrivalled networking opportunities. One academic year full-time on campus + Final Management Project (FMP) that can be completed remotely, from anywhere in the world while in full-time employment. Next intake: January 2018, Fees: €33,000
· Magellan MBA: The Magellan MBA programme will transform you into an effective and inspiring leader, no matter the industry you wish to work in. This program is delivered by, the award winning, Porto Business School, at GISMA. The Magellan MBA from Porto Business School is ideal for students who are looking for a truly international experience. Studying this course with GISMA will offer you a quality learning experience in the heart of Hannover. Classes take place in a friendly setting that allows a great deal of interaction between faculty and students. Teamwork is a key aspect of this programme, both in the classroom and beyond. Study modes: Full-time, Duration: 14 months, Hannover, Germany, Intake Oct 17, Fees: €25,000; flexible payment plans available. Successful applicants will have the chance to study an MBA from Porto Business School, accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD programme accreditation system (EPAS).
Porto Business school was ranked 62nd by the Financial Times European Business Schools 2016.
Business Programmes: Our business programmes are designed around a precise academic and theoretical framework that will help you become an expert in your chosen field. This will allow you to apply for specialised positions upon graduation.
· Grenoble MIB: GISMA's Master in International Business (MIB) is the ideal programme for those looking to acquire knowledge and refine their skillset in order to secure a professional management position after graduation. Covering a spectrum of disciplines, you will gain the skills needed for any number of business roles. Intake: September 2017 Fees: €22,000, limited scholarships available. Next intake: September 2017, Fees: €22,000, Limited scholarships available.
· MSc Strategic Business Management: The MSc Strategic Business Management programme covers fundamental concepts in business strategy and performance management. This programme is ideal for individuals interested in becoming successful managers, consultants, analysts, or entrepreneurs. Intake: Oct 2017 and Jan 2018 Fees: €15,000
· Grenoble MSc Innovation, Strategy & Entrepreneurship: The MSc ISE will give you the insight you need to become a creative and highly effective manager, whether it is in your own business or as part of a larger company. You will study a comprehensive management curriculum with specialised modules in innovation, strategy & entrepreneurship. The course is delivered jointly by GISMA and Grenoble Ecole de Management. Intake: September 2017, Fees: €22,000. Limited scholarships available.
· MSc Project Management: This course is designed and awarded by Arden University. The course covers the essential points of managing successful projects, including how to use data during the planning process. After graduating, you will be able to influence important business decisions as a project manager. The MSc Project Management is also accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM). Next intakes: February 2018, Part-time 24 months / Full-time 12 months, Full fees: Part-time €15,000, Full-time €15,000
Marketing programmes: Our master’s degrees will provide students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge in various areas of marketing, develop strategic thinking, and leadership skills. Students will analyse the international business environment to produce effective, customer-oriented marketing solutions for a range of organisations. They will also develop managerial competencies through teamwork, leadership, and communication analysis.
· MSc International Marketing: The course is designed and awarded by The University of Law and delivered at GISMA Berlin. The programme is aimed at graduates who are interested in marketing on a global scale and who want to take the next major step in their career. Students will learn specialist concepts relevant to marketing management, as well as learning how to create strategic marketing plans and communications that can support an internationally successful organisation. Intake: Oct 2017 + Jan 2018 Fees: €15,000
· Grenoble MSc Marketing Management: Taught in GISMA’s Berlin campus, the Grenoble MSc in Marketing Management will provide you with the insight needed to achieve success in a marketing role, maintaining a steady performance in the international business marketplace. This course is delivered in partnership with Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM), which is in the top 1% of business schools around the world. Intake: September 2017, Fees: € 22,000
· MSc Data Analytics and Marketing: This course is designed and awarded by Arden University. You will learn how to use and analyse statistics, interpret and explain large datasets, and take advantage of marketing opportunities. The MSc Data Analytics and Marketing is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), a leading international organisation for professionals in the marketing sector. Next intakes: February 2018time 24 months / Full-time 12 months Full fees: Part-time €15,000, Full-time €15,000
Information Technology (IT) programmes: Our programmes in IT are designed to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and authenticity of information in electronic forms to public and private resources and services in cyberspace. IT security professionals will study cryptography, system security methods, hacking tools, information security policies, computer forensics, and more.
· MSc IT Security Management: This course is designed and awarded by Arden University. You will learn through a variety of assessed projects and work, with helpful feedback from your tutor to ensure that you are on a path of continual improvement and can apply your new skills to real situations. Next intakes: February 2018; Part-time 24 months / Full-time 12 months. Full fees: Part-time €15,000 Full-time €15,000
Human Resources programmes: Our programmes in human resources will give you practical expertise and teach you to scientifically analyse issues involving personnel and organisation, teaching you to think about them on a strategic level. You will also learn how to determine the ideal combination of HR practices to optimise organisational, group, and individual performance.
· MSc Leadership and Human Resource Management: is designed and awarded by The University of Law (ULaw) and delivered at GISMA’s campus in Berlin. This programme will provide you with an understanding of the key role of leadership in developing oneself, as well as teams from different levels and perspectives. Intake: Oct 2017 and Jan 2018 Fees: €15,000
· MSc Corporate Financial Management is designed and awarded by The University of Law and delivered at GISMA’s Berlin campus. The programme is delivered in an interactive way with a workplace focus. In addition to regular lectures and workshops, you will have access to a wealth of online resources from The University of Law, including case studies and video content. Intake: Oct 2017 and Jan 2018, Fees: €15,000.
Fees and Scholarships: qualified students, as well as flexible payment plans where the programme fees can be spread across three instalments. We have partnered with top European business schools and universities in the United Kingdom to offer a range of scholarship opportunities and flexible payment plans. Our fee programmes range from €15,000 to €33,000. Flexible Payment Plans: Students can choose to pay their deposit and then three instalments